Monday, January 23, 2017

#OOTD: Blue Collar, White Collar

Dang, girl; back at it again with the #OOTD.

Now that that subtle dig at viral content and internet culture is out of the way (because I'm such a hipster), let's get into the outfit inspiration.

I wanted to give you guys some ideas on how to layer your collars this January. Collars are one of my favs right now, which is weird considering I used to absolutely despise them. But since Pinterest is obsessed with collars at the moment and that's basically my second home, I couldn't help but come around to the collar obsession.

So, without further ado, let's get into it.

White Collar



I decided to layer my white collar sleeveless top with a grey, high neck sweater on top.
-White Collar: Hand-Me Down
-Sweater: Local Discount Retailer


On the bottom, I am wearing high-waist, dark wash skinny jeans and black loafer heels.
-Jeans: Rue 21
-Heels: Bass Shoes



And over top it all, I am wearing a dark grey wool coat with a fur collar.
-Thrift Shop

Blue Collar



For this outfit, I layered my blue, Asian-type collar sleeveless top with a green v-neck sweater.
-Blue Collar: Hand-Me Down (originally Talbots)
-Green Sweater: Hand-Me Down (Originally Target)


Over top, I layered a camel colored coat with a fur hood.
-Hand-Me Down


On the bottom, I wore skinny jeans and old-school blue leather converse.
-Jeans: Rue 21
-Converse: Hand-Me Downs


And on my collar, I pinned a Raggedy Anne pin.
-Pin: Heirloom

Bonus: Plaid Collar



For this outfit, I layered a long-sleeved plaid tunic top with the same grey sweater from the first outfit.
-Plaid Collar: Rue 21
-Sweater: Local Discount Retailer

On the bottom, I wore black leggings, knit grey knee socks, and black sued ankle boots.
-Leggings: Ann Taylor Loft
-Knee Socks: Forever 21 (from forever ago)
-Boots: Local Discount Retailer

I also tried this outfit with black and white plaid rain boots, for those wet and dreary days.
-Local Discount Retailer


Around my collar, I am wearing a short gold necklace with the word "Victorious" scripted on it.
-Christmas Gift

Bonus: Red Striped Collar



Now, this outfit will seem suspiciously similar to my preppy farm girl outfit from my Overall Inspiration post (linked here), and that's because it is. On top, I paired my red pin stripe, long-sleeved shirt with an over-sized cream wool sweater.
-Striped Collar: Hand-Me Down
-Sweater: Hand-Me Down


On the bottom, I am wearing literal mom- jeans, a black belt with a silver buckle, and black sued ankle boots.
-Jeans: Hand-Me Down 
-Belt: Hand-Me Down
-Boots: Local Discount Retailer


And there you have it; four ways you can style and layer your collars this winter.

I hope that this post was helpful, as well as realistic.

I'm not one of those bloggers that's rich and can afford Topshop and Zara, or regular trips to the mall so I can show you guys what's "current." 

I'm a blogger who is poor, who makes do with what she's got; I'm a blogger whose wardrobe is half hand-me downs and another quarter is birthday gifts. And I love it. I wouldn't have it any other way.

So for those of you who always feel depressed or defeated when you see those perfect blogposts with $200 outfits (like I do), then this blog is for you.

I hope you guys gleaned some inspiration from this post. If you guys wanna share your collar creations with me, tag me on Twitter and Instagram. I can't wait to see them!

k, bye.






0 comments: