Monday, January 30, 2017

#OOTD: How to Style Mom Jeans



Mom jeans; it seems everyone has them these days, when only, like, three or four years ago they were a fashion travesty.

And as much as I like to consider myself a fashion hipster and total individual, I am also quite influenced by trends. If these jeans were not in style, I would certainly not be wearing them in public.

But I've come to appreciate them as the trend has gained steam. Mom jeans are high-waisted, so they hide my belly, and the loose bottoms present all kinds of styling opportunities. Plus, pretty much any kind of top goes with them, so there are endless outfit possibilities.

And, for the record, these aren't some store bought mom jeans. No, no, no, these are authentic. These are my mom's actual jeans from back in the day. You won't be finding any in-authenticity around here, I guarantee it.

I have three styling options for your mom jeans that I have discovered through experimentation. I hope they inspire you to be a little more bold when styling your mom jeans.

So, without further ado, let's get into it!

The Turtleneck 


For all three outfits, I decided to roll my mom jeans up in a haphazard fashion at the bottom, and I wore a black belt to top them off. In this particular outfit, I styled my mom jeans with a grey knit turtle neck and an Aztec knit blanket scarf. And on the bottom, I am wearing black sued ankle boots. 
-Turtleneck: Old Navy (from ages ago)
-Scarf: Rue 21 (clearance)
-Boots: Local Discount Retailer



Sargent Pepper


For this outfit, I paired my jeans and same sued boots with an Asian inspired top, which has a collar and brocade clasps down the front. I actually found this top in my mother's closet, and I had to cut the shoulder pads out first before wearing it (I know, right?).
-Top: Hand-Me Down



Classic in Black


And lastly, I paired my mom jeans with a black t-shirt tucked in, a black pinstripe jacket, and black loafer heals. This jacket was another find in my mother's closet, of which I also had to cut the shoulder pads out.
-T-Shirt: Hand-Me Down (Originally ModCloth)
-Jacket: Hand-Me Down
-Shoes: Bass Shoes (from ages ago)



That's all folks! Three ways to style your mom jeans. If you guys recreate any of these outfits, in your own unique way of course, I would love to see. Tweet me (here) or tag me on Instagram (here) with your lovely creations.

Until tomorrow...

k, bye.


0 comments: