Friday, January 27, 2017

Dream Wall


This is my dream wall. I decided to start this a few weeks ago when I needed some motivation. I had all these dreams floating around in my head, and I wanted to write them down so that they would be more real and concrete,  giving me a better chance at completing them. 



But, I realized that writing them in a journal would do me no good. A journal is something you can close and put away; you don't have to look at it every day, every morning when you wake. So I decided to put my dreams on the wall, so that I would have a constant visual reminder that there is so much in this life left to accomplish, and I am no where near done living.





Eventually, I want to start adding God's dreams and wants for my life, as I become more in tune with Him, and learn to listen to Him better. I definitely don't want my life to be all about chasing my own dreams and desires. Chasing after just what I think will make me happy will only lead to emptiness. But, yearning after God's desires for my life will bring me immeasurable joy. And, besides, God's plans are always way more daring and wild than I could ever imagine for myself.




I like having the verse about His mercies being new every morning in the center of my dreams. It's a reminder and encouragement that when I have unproductive, sinful, depression-filled days, that I shouldn't give up, but wait for the mercy of a new day.



I want to encourage you guys to write out your own dreams, instead of keeping them tucked away in the corner of your mind. And don't just write them in a journal, where your dreams can be put away and forgotten about. Put them in an obvious place where you'll see them everyday, as a reminder that life is always worth living and that you're not done yet. Also, don't forget to add God's dreams for your life, too. Trust me, they're gonna be more fantastical than whatever you or I can come up with.

If you decide to create a dream wall, tweet me (here) or tag me on Instagram (here). I would absolutely love to see your creations. And comment down below your all time dream, and we'll all encourage you.

k, bye.



0 comments: