Monday, December 26, 2016

Chocolate Popcorn




Hey guys! How was everyone's Christmas? Mine was actually okay, which was a nice change. Anyhow, enough about disfunctionality, I have a yummy idea for you guys to try.

Like me, you probably have excess amounts of chocolate around your house in this aftermath of Christmas. Mine mostly came from my stocking, but I'm sure ya'll have lots leftover from previous baking projects. Well, get ready to start melting, because I have the perfect way to use all that up: chocolaty popcorn. Here's how to make it :



Ingredients and Supplies

-popcorn
-chocolate (milk or dark, but not baking chocolate)
-cooking oil (I used olive oil)
-milk
-salt
-pretzels (optional)
-decorations (like sprinkles, candy, etc...)
-parchment paper
-two pans
-metal or glass bowl

Instructions

Step One: Put enough popcorn kernels and olive oil into a pot to just cover the bottom. Cover with a lid, then turn burner to medium heat and wait for the kernels to start poppin'. You can also use microwave popcorn, but make sure you use the non-buttered kind.


Place popped popcorn in a bowl to cool before placing on a sheet of parchment paper.


Step Two: Fill another pot about a third of the way with water and boil. Once the water is boiled, place a metal or glass bowl over the boiling water and turn the stove temperature to between low and medium heat. Place chocolate and about a tablespoon or two of milk in the bowl and begin stirring; don't stop stirring, or else the chocolate will go tacky and not liquidy. Keep adding a little bit of milk every so often in order to keep the chocolate liquidy. Once the chocolate is near the desired consistency, turn off the stove and keep stirring until the chocolate is liquidy enough to drizzle.


Step Three: Salt popcorn spread out on parchment paper. I decided to add pretzels at the last minute, but you don't have to. 


Now take a spoon and drizzle chocolate over your popcorn. Add a little more salt after if so desired.


Step Four: Decorate! I used Christmas sprinkles, Wilton sparkle gel, and York mini peppermint patties.


And you're done! Here's my finished product



I hope you guys enjoy making this. This is about the third or fourth time I've made it this December, and I really enjoy the process as well as the eating. If you hate baking like me, you should try making this; it's actually not frustrating :) Anyways, I hope ya'll had a Merry Christmas, and I wish you the best New Year!

k, bye.








0 comments: